I am pretty sure that we know someone or maybe we are the someone who needs to quit smoking. Smoking is a habit that is hard to get away with and stop forever, especially if you or your friend have been smoking for a long time. Not only that it is not healthy for them, it can be bothering for the people which are around them. I would like to give you some helpful tips about how to quit smoking and start living a healthier lifestyle.
- Date – It is important to find a day when you want to stop with this habit. Look into your calendar and choose a day which is gonna be working the best. By this I don’t mean moving it more into the future but I mean choose a day when you are not going to have temptations around you. It doesn’t make sense to choose Friday when you know that you are going out with friends who might smoke.
- Choose the way – There are a lot of ways you can quit smoking. You can either do it naturally by yourself or you can use nicotine bandage or gums which are gonna still give you some nicotine but as time passes, you are going to need less and less and finally one day, you will not have temptations at all. While you are trying to quit smoking you have to be aware that you are going to have some symptoms, which are – headache, cravings, constipation, anxiety, etc. If you don’t want to try things like nicotine bandages, you can think about other options that are almost the same and can give you the nicotine without using tobacco. A new item in the market nowadays is the nicotine pouch. It’s something that you keep in your mouth and the nicotine is delivered that way, so you don’t have to stick it on your skin like a bandage. You also will not have to spit out anything and this can be used in public as well. Nicotine-Pouches.com is one of many websites to check out if you want to find out more about this type.
- Support – Things are usually easier when you have support around you. You don’t have to have someone do it with you (although it is highly recommended), you can just have someone who is going to be supporting you and making sure that you are not smoking. Who is going to distract you from the fact that you are not smoking?
- Treats – It’s good to treat yourself at the beginning if you have accomplished, for example, your first week of quitting. Treat yourself to your favourite dessert, or maybe you saw some clothes in a store that you’ve wanted to buy for a long time but never did. If you’re really struggling to stay away from the cigarettes, consider smoking an alternative like a vape or a bong. Vapes still contain nicotine but you can control the amount, whilst cannabis can have a calming effect that may reduce your cravings. These novelty glass pipes might be a fun way to treat yourself to medical cannabis – they can help to emulate the feel of smoking a cigarette, which you might be craving more than the cigarette itself. Treating yourself after achieving a goal activates the reward centres in your brain, releasing dopamine which makes you feel good. Each time this happens, it will motivate you even more and you are going to be proud of yourself each time.
- Triggers – You can’t avoid being with friends and going out with them, so you have to make sure that you are ready for the fact that you might be around smokers occasionally. Before heading out, think about what you are going to do to distract yourself from the fact that you can’t smoke. It is better to be prepared before you go out.
I hope that this article was helpful for you and it gave you more ideas of how to quit smoking. If you are looking for some remedies I would check AXO Finans. You are gonna find reviews from other people which can help you even more.