Paper bags have a whole range of uses aside from being used to package up goods or carry fruit and veg in at the supermarket.
Take a look at some of the other ways biodegradable paper bags can come in use at home.
Biodegradable bags are perfect for those little emergencies. We all know the awkward moment of having a child in the car who is car sick, or who insisted they didn’t need a poo before you left but now REALLY needs one!
Paper Bag Co have come up with emergency poo bags, which are great to have on hand when you’ve just got to go. Such as when you’re at a festival or camping and have no access to toilets. These bags are fully biodegradable and compostable, so they can be thrown in the bin or buried underground to decompose.
Instead of using a food waste bin or just disposing of your food in a normal bin, try putting your peelings into a paper bag when you’re prepping veg.
This can then be taken straight out to a compost bin which is great for wildlife, is eco friendly, and will provide you with a constant supply of compost.
Making your own popcorn for a movie night can be super fun, and you can mix up your own flavours! Here’s how you do it:
- Add popcorn kernels to your paper bag
- Microwave and leave until most of the popping has subsided
- Add toppings such as cinnamon, sugar, or butter and shake vigorously to coat your popcorn
There are some things you can cook in a paper bag whilst camping to keep you going if you don’t have access to pots and pans, such as bacon and eggs or fish.
To make bacon and eggs in around 10 minutes you can follow these simple steps:
- Place the strips of bacon at the bottom of a brown paper bag with a base of approximately eight inches by three inches and 10 inches tall.
- Crack the eggs on top of the bacon
- Fold the top of the bag halfway down but leave it open at the top.
- Insert a stick through the side on the top two inches of the bag.
- Using the stick as a handle, hold the bag about four to five inches above the campfire till the egg and bacon is cooked. The base of the bag should be above the fire.