Remodeling a bathroom can be an expensive and time-consuming process, but it’s well worth the effort. As pool season comes to a close and winter settles in, many homeowners will look forward to their next bathroom remodel project: turning that spare bedroom into a master bedroom or even just sprucing up the current master suite.
One of the most popular elements of a remodel is the bathroom, which is why many homeowners are choosing to add jacuzzis or bathtubs to their new bathroom.
What’s the difference between a jacuzzi and a bathtub? A jacuzzi typically refers to an oval-shaped tub that has jets for massaging your body. A bathtub typically refers to a round, deep basin that you sit in to bathe.
The good news about remodeling your bathroom with these elements is that both options are relatively easy to install, and they require very little building knowledge, making it possible for the average homeowner to do it himself or herself. Let’s take a closer look at the process.
- Removing an existing bathtub and replacing it with a jacuzzi or bathtub can be done by anchoring the tub to the floor below using brackets. The plumbing lines for the new tub should already be connected, but you may need to make some adjustments before it’s ready to be used.
- When remodeling a bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub, you should choose a site where your home can accommodate the new plumbing lines. Most houses already contain all the necessary pipes and water lines, but if the house was built before 1940, then you may need to pay for new plumbing lines to be installed.
- Remodeling your bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub can completely change the scenery, but it’s important to keep the function of the room in mind as well. Before choosing either option, consider whether you want more space for storage or if you need more room for applying makeup and grooming.
- If you’re considering remodeling with a jacuzzi or bathtub, it’s important to start the design process as early as possible. As you’re planning for this room, take into account whether you want cabinets built around the tub or if perhaps a large shower is more what suits your needs.
- If you’re remodeling a bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub, consider the material that the new tub will be made of. Tile is commonly used for bathtubs, while fiberglass is often used for jacuzzis.
- Remodeling bathrooms with a jacuzzi or bathtub can be great for hosting parties, but consider the amount of space that you have before deciding whether or not either option is right for your home.
- A new tub isn’t the only option to consider when remodeling your bathroom. Replace flooring and paint the walls to give the room a modern touch.
- Remodeling your own bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub can be a big expense, so keep in mind that it’s not necessary if you’re only planning on hosting smaller gatherings. In this case, a large shower and plenty of storage space may suffice for your needs.
- Adding a jacuzzi or bathtub to your bathroom is perfect for when you need a space in which you can unwind and relax, but it’s important to also add other elements such as cabinets and flooring that will help increase the overall functionality of the room.
- Renovating your bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub takes the average master suite to the next level, giving homeowners options for hosting guests and taking their relaxation to another level.
- When you renovate your bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub, consider what other features are important to you in addition to being able to take relaxing baths. If you’re concerned about whether or not it’ll fit in, leave room for the plumber when discussing plans with your contractor.
- Bathroom remodeling with a jacuzzi or bathtub isn’t just for increasing the value of your home but also for adding space that can make things more convenient for you as well.
- Starting a remodel project with a jacuzzi or bathtub is the perfect way to make a personal spa space in your home, but it’s important to keep in mind the elements that will make the room more functional as well. For example, if you need extra counter space, be sure to discuss this with the contractor during the planning phase.
- Having to remodel your bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub isn’t just possible but is also an excellent way to take your relaxation time into your own hands and create a space that’s all about you and what you need.
- Adding storage space in addition to a jacuzzi or bathtub can be helpful, but it’s important to consider your needs carefully before deciding to remodel.
- If you’re considering remodeling a bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub, then finding the right contractor for the job is essential. You’ll want someone who has experience working with both plumbing and building in such an aesthetically pleasing way.
- Another thing you can do when remodeling is you can add the perfect touch to the master suite, but it’s important to consider whether or not you need this upgrade before deciding to remodel and take on such an expense.
- Remodeling any type of bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub gives homeowners the chance to personalize their space by adding features that are unique to them and what they want in their home.
- When remodeling bathrooms that have a jacuzzi or bathtub, it’s important to consider whether thebathroom renovation will be worth it in the end. In most cases, a bathtub will be far less expensive and is usually more practical for smaller spaces with limited storage space.
When considering the pros and cons of a home remodel, it’s important to consider whether or not you have the skills necessary to do the work yourself. While it may seem easier to leave the renovation up to bathroom remodeling contractors, if you’re considering remodeling your bathroom that has a jacuzzi or bathtub, then there are numerous reasons you should consider doing the work yourself instead of hiring a contractor.
- If you’re planning on making your bathroom more spacious, then remodeling with a jacuzzi or bathtub is one way to go about it that doesn’t require major construction or extensive building. You can simply attach the tub to existing plumbing and eliminate some wall space to create a more spacious bathroom.
- Remodeling your bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub lets you choose the size and shape of tub that will be right for you, as well as the type of materials used in its construction, such as stone instead of porcelain. This gives homeowners the chance to customize their space to the extent that isn’t possible when hiring a contractor.
- Remodeling lets you save on plumbing costs, as there’s normally only one drain needed for this type of renovation rather than three, which is the number generally needed for standard showers and tubs.
- Also, remodeling can let you create a unique style for the space, which can make it stand out from other bathrooms in the home. In most cases, homeowners will choose to remove the existing sink and vanity to open up more space for this new addition.
- Remodeling a bathroom with a jacuzzi or bathtub is an excellent way to increase the value of your home and attract buyers. This is because it gives homeowners the chance to personalize their space, as well as improve the functionality of what was once an unused nook.
While you plan on hiring bathroom remodel services, they can be an excellent way to improve the value of your home; it’s important to remember that this type of renovation is not for everyone.
Many people feel that their homes are already big enough, and there aren’t many benefits to adding another bathtub in addition to what you already have.