Source: https://unsplash.com/photos/RLw-UC03GwcBelow, we have come up with a complete list of all the useful information that will make the whole process less tiring and less time consuming. Let’s start: 1: 2-3 Months Before Moving Having found your next dream space and after finally negotiating rental plans, its time you start the tedious process of packing your stuff up. Start finding a good solicitor to help ensure all the legal proceedings are in place for a smoother shift.
- Hire a mortgage expert.
- Get updated information about the facilities and benefits of your new locality.
- Sort out the children’s school transfers well in advance.
- Have your existing assets evaluated to score an eligibility in a good insurance plan that can perhaps lessen your burden of moving out.
- Maintain a folder with all the legal documentation and the important contact no’s that might come in handy throughout your shifting process.
Source: https://unsplash.com/photos/1ddol8rgUH82: A Month Before Moving
- You should ideally come up with a packing list and paste it somewhere where it can be regularly followed.
- Prepare and agree for your moving routes such as low weightage areas and low bridges.
- Seek storage facilities if needed.
- Make sure to get your new home cleaned and prepped up before the move.
- Hire skilled labor to fix or replace any furniture pieces.
- Inform your local utility companies about your move.
Source: https://unsplash.com/photos/QR_vT8_hBZM3: 7 Days Before The Move
- In the last days of your move, you should ideally be completing your final preps and organize vital documents so that you don’t lose them during the shift.
- Keep your insurance papers, driver’s license, house/vehicle ownership papers, pieces of jewelry or cash in a safe storage box.
- Label all your packing boxes to avoid any unnecessary confusion on the big day.
- Defrost and dry your fridges and freezers before attempting to move them.
- Inform your contacts and the postal department of your new postal address for mail rerouting services.
- Wash, dry clean and iron all your clothing and linen pieces to ensure a safe and hassle free move.
- Always keep back up cash for unforeseen emergencies and don’t overspend on the move.
- Carefully observe around the house whether you have missed something or not.
- Essentials like your toiletries, wash bag, hygiene products should be packed separately in case of emergencies.
- Ensure that your communication devices are fully charged and ready to go.
- Have a backup copy of all the important documents like utility bills, insurance papers and house ownership papers.
- Label and arrange for the easy transport of all fragile items.
- Never leave an extra handset of keys.
- Shut down all the necessary utilities and remove the plugs from the sockets.
Source: https://unsplash.com/photos/XJnP4L958ds6: In the New House
- Ensure that all the doors and locks are functional. Look for possible signs of damage.
- Immediately inform your friends and family of your new location.
- Inform your current location and status to the moving company.
- Keep your record of necessary documents in handy.
Latest posts by Edward Thompson (see all)
- What To Look For In An Online Hair Extension Course - October 14, 2019
- Planning a UK Trip with an Elderly Family Member - October 8, 2019
- Four favourite web design features to upgrade your site today - October 8, 2019